Friday, October 26, 2007

Chapter 5: Hollywood, Pumpkins and Chocolate


Often I think of my life in terms of a book. Who am I kidding? I always picture the events of my life in chapter form as they read the book of my life. This week was no different. So this week enter into my book with me.

I started off my week helping my friend Samanatha on a movie set in Hollywood. I have never got to be on set before so it was not only fun because I had never done anything like that, but because I got to hang out with some good friends.



I watched a guy smash through a window, saw the behinds the scenes of movie making, saw a man jump from a 5 story building in Hollywood, and saw how much standing around happens in the movie making buisness. My friend Scott, who writes on the Showtime show Dexter, wrote the movie script and then I watched that script come to life. When it is finished I will make sure that I post a blog about it with a link for you to see it. He is a great writer and one day when he is a famous film maker I will say I am friends with him and his family....which leads me to the pumpkin part of my week.

Amy and Scott and their family are really more like family than friends for me. So I know right where to go when it is time for family stuff: soccer games, playing princesses, stopping by at dinner time:), watching the kids, crying over the drama of my week, laughing over TV shows, and of course carving pumpkins!






Then Amy and I just sat eating newly baked pumpkin seeds, watching Survivor and 30 Rock, smelling her yummy candle from the M Store in Redding wishing we had chocolate to eat because it smelled so good.

The chocolate part of my week...well, that is all I have wanted to eat this week and really all that I have ate this week. As I walked home from the store today I thought, no wonder I named my blog what I did. To not have desserts, which I have kind of fought with my whole life, creates yet another place for stress to enter and reside. Why fight it? I constantly try to "not" do things because I have a bad need to be perfect. Again, the journey to New Zealand has so much more to do with the process going and realizing this stuff along the way than actually going to NZ. I hope you are entertained along the way and even relate to some of my moments as well.

Until Later....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

yea! fall, reynolds, smiles and chocolate!