Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Ackland



I thought you might like to finally see some pictures....Sam is AMAZING!!! He edited all the pictures and the pictures he isn't in, he took!

It really was the most MEMORABLE day of my life....between crazy cake guy messing up the order, thunderstorms so bad Sea Jay had to pull over on the way to the wedding, having to create a plan B in the restaurant, inappropriate jogger at the wedding, and other miscellaneous drama it was for sure a day no one that was there will forget.

I will have to say that my most favorite moment was a quiet few minutes before the wedding that Sea Jay and Stacie set up for me and Sam to have all by ourselves. It was the most incredible to feeling to walk onto this quiet little deck with the wind blowing and the sea raging and see my husband. I took in every moment and made the memory stick in my head forever.

Then we looked at each other and smiled and entered back into the chaos and drama that was our wedding. We had to end up creating a Plan B to get married in the restaurant but Raya assured me that I could still get married on the beach because she had prayed for it to stop raining....well Raya was right (with the help of my little Jacob in CA who was also praying that it would be sunny for me) we were able to get married on the beach. After about 2 hours of hard crazy rain it just stopped. Stacie ran outside and put some flowers on the beach, Sea Jay herded everyone down stairs and we spent the next moments in utter bliss enjoying the most fun thing we had ever done. The wedding was PERFECT. There was so few people there that we had all spent the last 3 days being together experiencing EVERYTHING together, so there was so much intimacy and feeling known throughout our wedding. Banning married us and did an incredible job at making everyone laugh and making the wedding feel like and expression of us. My most favorite part of the wedding was seeing my husband at the end of the aisle...there was no greater feeling.

Then the fun began! Pictures were SO fun to do on the beach. The kids were having a blast, Lakey had his frog that had become his best friend, I fell in love all over again with Sam when I watched him take the camera and take our wedding pictures. It was moments filled with laughter, as Sam was always making us laugh and memories that are for a lifetime.

We headed up to the restaurant and enjoyed such a fun night. My Dad said something special to everyone, Sam's mom said something so wonderful just for us and we just laughed and enjoyed being together. The kids took frosting cupcake and wrote all over our car and added quite a bit of toilet paper...I think that came from the restaurant.....

It was a dream fulfilled...








Ray Ray loves her Sam...I kind of think she thought she was marrying him that day :)














.
My husband had just done something inappropriately appropriate to make us laugh...it worked. Tricks of the trade



He loves her too...can you tell?

This was Lakey's bwest fweind all weekend. We, of course, let him come to the wedding....

Sam's Best Men...they kind of liked me too I think







Here you go Aunt Denise...can you see the ring now?

We went with cupcakes...which was a big stretch for Jacksonville...but we LOVED it! Sea Jay and Stacie and our mom's did a great job decorating the cake table!




Our Parents Who LOVE us SO MUCH!!! We both LOVE LOVE LOVE our in laws!!!

5 comments:

Ingrid said...

YAY!! Been waiting for your wedding blog :) Glad you had a such great day!! Bet you are love love loving being married!! Hugs xx

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

HOORAY! I, too, have been waiting for pics. You look so beautiful and radiant. We are so happy for you. Steve, Delaney, and I hope to meet your lucky guy someday. All the best to you!

Mother of Pearl said...

Old wedding lore says it is lucky to have rain on your wedding day.. It rained on Amanda's big day too..How lucky !! I could not be happier. I only wished I could have been there to share your joy...Blessing of love and joy to you and Sam.
Lori

Molly said...

Dana...SO glad that you shared these amazing pictures. Very talented editing. Your happiness just radiates in every picture and I am so happy for you!!!
Molly (PS..hope you know who this is...I swear I'm not just a crazy blog stalker!!)

Erica said...

AAAAAAhhhhhhhh how cut! Thanks so much for the update you made my day. I am so happy for both what a amazing couple.