Friday, March 13, 2009

"I Left My Wallet In El Segundo"

So sometimes I wonder if my life is a movie or a book, but two days ago I seriously wondered if my life was a music video.

I wake up Tuesday morning excited to leave for Florida and hang out with Sam's family there...but as I get ready I get a good morning text from Sam...but something just didn't feel right when he asked "do you know where my wallet is?" I let him know where I thought it was and then drove to pick him up. Well...no such luck in where I thought the wallet might be.

It was a pretty tense morning, no time to get to the airport, the LAX experience also doesn't lend itself to peaceful enjoyment and then just sitting, thinking about the fact that we have lost his wallet and are flying across the country. I had to laugh as we sat at our gate. Really?! I have two choices at this point....break down crying or realize that later this will just add to the story of who we are. I started to get teary then pictured myself years later telling the story and laughed a little.

Sam made a joke as we walked on to the plane so I knew that the mood would lighten soon :) I shook my head as I walked on to the plane as well thinking "life just doesn't go as planned." I am learning over and over the trick to enjoying life to the fullest is living in the moment realizing there is something in it.

We arrived in Florida and have had a great time so far. We are getting to spend lot of time with his family and I have learned so much! I have even learned a few trivia facts while here in Jacksonville which they lovingly refer to as "Jagsonville" (their football team is the Jaguars). I forgot what a southern accent sounded like and forgot what living in this part of the country was all about...sports, family, drinking and fun. A world that has been SO fun to visit. Aunt his Auntie and Uncle and Mama has taken REALLY good care of us. They even stocked the fridge with Diet Coke for me :)

This weekend we are heading to the Lake with his Auntie and Uncle...the weather is BEAUTIFUL! 85 degrees and sunny...what more could you ask for? The only bummer is I left my swimsuit at home :( SO gutted! I have to go buy another one! And we don't have a car most days, so today I have to go to Target, go swimsuit shopping (which really? What girl looks forward to that) while his Auntie and him wait for me....we will see how this turns out :)

Here are some pictures from the first few days!

The tricked out garage that his Auntie and Uncle hang out in all the time...)


(Notice the Pepsi cooler in the far left....just like in a store/gas station...)


(I know....our pictures look all the same, but we LOVE the beach!)




(Sam and his Mama....she is SO wonderful!)

No comments: