Thursday, March 19, 2009

Skateboarding Life Lessons

So I watched the Jensen twins at a Skate Park all afternoon. They were AMAZING. I had seen a video of them but when I actually went and saw what they did I was thoroughly IMPRESSED! It was SO steep and they were SO crazy fast! Here are two pictures Sam took yesterday.

(Jason)


(Jackson)


I had an epiphany as I sat there watching these boys. I am HORRIBLE at skateboarding, but I realized even on the bike I am not that great. And I figured out why as I sat there watching them. I need control! Board sports take a little trust. You do control the skateboard and bike but at one point you have to let go and trust it to do what it is supposed to do. Hence why I don't like to skateboard and stick to running. It takes a lot of trust as you ride down the side of a pool. I think I can work on my trust issues but I don't think I will ever be a great skateboarder or professional bike rider. It was interesting to see your issues before your eyes at a random skate park in the middle of Florida.

I think I will stick to doing this at a skate park....smiling and loving my boyfriend....

1 comment:

Stacie said...

One of the things I love about you is your ability to pull life lessons from everday events! Makes for great material for your book:) Sam takes great pictures and I think we would have to hire him to take photos of baby benedict when they come home.