Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Day At The Beach


After dinner tonight we decided to go for a walk on the beach. Life has been crazy hours, crazy learning, crazy fun, but some days just plain crazy. Tonight I got off a little earlier than normal and we were able to have a yummy dinner before 8pm. Which in my life has been a feat the last few weeks. Then we decided to head to the beach for a little walk on the beach.

Life has seem to find a rhythm to it I think. There are still moments I am not sure what end is up in our lives, but I have really enjoyed all that was in this season of life. As we were walking just chatting on the beach I just stopped...I couldn't believe that we live by this beautiful beach that we could just walk down after dinner and enjoy. There is just something about the waves and the sound and the calmness of the ocean. Life is always just a little better at the beach. There are times when the beach helps you sort life out and others where the beach helps you plan your life. I think every significant moment for me and Sam has been at the beach...there is just something magical about it for us.

In 12 days, on a beach in our quiet little beach town I will become Mrs. Ackland...who would have ever thought? I can promise you this, at this time last year I was under no circumstance even thinking my life would look anywhere close to what it does...really? Florida. In love with my best friend. About to get married on the beach. Not in a million years did I guess this.

But....I am so glad that this has been my life...at times it has seemed like a movie, but really at the end of the day I want to live a life that is full of adventure and excitement and love. Isn't that why we go to the movies in the first place? To see other people do that? I can't believe this is the life I get to lead. As much as I have seen my faith seem so scarce when so many things weren't coming together, I am so glad that God's faith in humanity and God's faithfulness never once wavered. To live your dreams....a job where I can love people, use my talents and enjoy it so much I forget I am going to work....a best friend that has turned into the love of my life, and in 12 days will become my husband....life just doesn't get much better than this...

2 comments:

Kerri said...

What a cute pic of the 2 of you! Dana you look beautiful! I love picturing your little life at the beach...what episode would this one be??? "the one where they walk on the beach..."

love you friend!

Ingrid said...

i LOVE this pic!!! Def one of my favs so far, you look so hapy and content and so in LOVE! I am so excited for you Dana, marriage is wonderful and amazing!! Not long till you walk down that sandy aisle... xoxoxoxo