Monday, May 18, 2009

Laundry

So many things make me smile these days...

But laundry is the one that made me smile the most yesterday. It's been over 5 years since I had a washer and a dryer in my house, to pull warm clothes out and sit on the floor folding clothes as Sam and I watched Friends on DVD yesterday just made me smile.

There are so many other things that make me smile these days as well....

Spending the day at the beach, watching Friends with Sam, hearing from friends on the phone, feeling energized by my new job, reading an email from a friend that just makes me remember how lucky I am to have the friends I do, Wednesdays, playing with Jensen kids, thinking of getting married barefoot on the beach in 21 days...

I will become Mrs. Ackland in 21 days in a small sweet beach wedding and next summer we will have a wedding that will include all our friends and family at a beach in CA. I thought it was time to announce the next piece to our fun and out of a book life we seem to be leading these days. We will be married on June 8th, before Sam's visa is up and instead of rushing to plan a wedding where so many important people couldn't attend, we decided to get married in Florida then plan the "wedding album" wedding with all Sam's family, my brother and sister in law, our friends from New Zealand and all our friends from California. I want to get married on the pacific coast beaches...I'm a west coast girl at heart. So we will do the wedding in Cali. If you didn't know we got married out here, you wouldn't know at the wedding next summer. It will be the one me and Sam dreamed of, it won't just be a party or reception I PROMISE :) I need to catch my breath a bit after the last few months and life seems to be coming to a bit of normalcy for me...the laundry yesterday makes me feel like life is heading in a more peaceful place. Once I catch my breath we will set the official date for next summer...

But for now...barefoot on the beach with the love of my life in 3 weeks is the what is evoking the biggest smile ever!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

That sounds like an awesome plan. Plus, you get all that extra time to make it just what you want. I hope that both of your weddings are wonderful, joy filled occasions!

Ingrid said...

hehe, calling this post 'laundry' really didn't prepare me for the news you are getting married in 3 weeks!!! SO SUPER EXCITING!!!!!!! being married is so wonderful!!!!!!! so glad you found your mr right xoxoxox

Shannon said...

I want to be at both!