Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Seasons

New job, planning a wedding, new city, new place, searching for all new things...hair dressers, where the post office is, grocery stores, and the like....what a whirl wind.

Today I was sitting in a New Hire Training for my job and couldn't believe all the new in my life. While I have had a few melt downs, for the most part, I haven't totally lost it. I am not sure if I have grown or if the vitamins and herbs I am on, testing stuff for my new job, have really worked to keep stress low and energy high. Either way the new in my life is SO exciting, so refreshing, and even so scary sometimes...but the new is the promise of each new season. When a season ends a new one begins, I think it is the same with life, when one season of life ends a new one begins. Sometimes the newness is overwhelming, but there is something refreshing about it.

I LOVE all the new in this season. It makes me smile, makes me laugh, makes me shake my head in wonder and often times make me crazy. But I love it. We live by the beach and each night after work and on the weekend I feel like I go on vacation. I think that after my crazy 20's and even a crazier start to my 30's I am ready for a little quiet, a little slow, a little remembering what makes life so wonderful. I will never be a slow person, but I think this season has something special in store for me, a little slowing down for this moment is good for my soul. Life has been so crazy and insane that slow is what I am craving...sitting at home just being quiet sounds so refreshing. And really? Can you complain when you live at the beach?

I promise that I will put up condo pictures soon...it still is not really put together, but maybe this week and maybe not. If it doesn't get down in the speed I want it the world will NOT cease to spin. I know, who knew? There doesn't seem to be enough hours in my day, but finding my priorities and living those out is so much more important to who I am and how I will serve humanity. My other favorite part of a season is that it has an ending, and while my seasons of CRAZY busy seems to not really ending, I know that it will and a new pace of life is coming...

Though, the reality is sometimes life's seasons are like Florida summers...hot, beautiful, fun in the sun...then BAM! A huge lightening storm, massive winds, or even a hurricane. You just can't predict life, but you can roll with it and accept where you are and what you can actually offer. Here's hopin' for no hurricanes in our world any time soon :)

No comments: