Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sweet As...

Two major accomplishments for this week:

#1. I used a New Zealand coin without having to inspect it to see how much it was worth. I was so excited I had to tell the girl I was giving the coin to at the cafe. She just smiled...I guess I wrecked my "I finally fit and don't look like a tourist" moment. I was so proud though:)

#2. I used the phrase "Sweet As" in it's proper place this week. Sweet as what you might ask? NOTHING is the answer to that question. Sweet as is the way that many Kiwi respond to someone in a conversation. It took me a a few days to figure out what they were saying because with their accent it sounds like they are complimenting my bum. (and I am sure some of you are quite positive that would never happen, as was I, so I new I couldn't be understanding them right) Have you figured out what it sounded like? Sweet A** hehehehe

Once I figured it out I had to laugh. Then I had to ask, sweet as what? Sweet as nothing, just simply the way the say "no worries" or "that's cool." Well yesterday someone text me to tell me they were going to be late and I responded with Sweet As and felt so proud of myself.

Little victories....Definitely worth celebrating!

1 comment:

SeaJay said...

I just caught up on your blogs. I want to be there with you. So fun, you are so insightful about the culture and people.
Dana I am not sure you will ever not seem like a tourist because those deep set blonde roots will continue to shine:)
I love you and miss you!
When will we ever talk again?
sea