Thursday, August 7, 2008

WARM WEATHER HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

You don't even know how excited I am to see 80 degrees again! I laid in bed yesterday morning whining about being cold...I am SO over the winter. But I must quickly change my attitude because there is a lot more winter in my future, but alas, for right now I will focus on the 80 degree weather that is my VERY near future!

I leave for Fiji tomorrow morning. We will be heading into one of the villages right away and then on Monday we will head into the village that takes a bit of an adventure to get to. 4 hours on the back of a truck to the river, checking the height of the river. If it is low enough we cross it, if not we camp there until morning. Then we hike another hour into the village. From there we will see the opening of the building my friend Luke helped them build. And a reconciliation of two chiefs that have had generations of hate towards each other...pretty cool, huh? We will also head to a village that has an orphanage to see if Luke's Trust can work there. And we will head to another city and meet with the original Coup leader of Fiji...nice, huh? Luke will be doing all the talking but I am pretty excited to go along for the ride and see what this trip has in store for us. Luke and Sam, the other friend we are going with, make me LAUGH SO HARD. I think I will laugh for an entire 10 days...which might help in the crazy conditions we might be in over there.

I will blog when I get home and can't wait to see little Moses Lance!!!! (let's hope you have him by then Alyssa :)

Talk to you guys in 10 days!!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

We'll be in Redding, let's do coffee!!

palomarace said...

Can't wait to see you!!!!!