Monday, November 24, 2008

Airhead Moment of the Week

So a few years back my roommate from college said to me one Thanksgiving after telling her a couple of air head moments I had just had, "you know Dana I don't think it is that you have air head moments. I think you have have always been like that, and you are now just more okay with who you are." Which then just made me laugh harder at myself....

Well, today I had a classic Dana Air Head Moment. I was at my Bagel Shop that I love!! Manhattan Bagel. I have gone to Manhattan for over 8 years now. I started going when I moved back to Redding in 2000. I met with students I worked with for over 3 years. I met with friends there every Friday for over a year. I was there easily 3 to 4 times a week. When I left Redding to move to L.A. the owner gave me a free dozen bagels and said one of the sweetest compliments I have ever received. Since I moved back to Redding two months ago I have been there EVERY day...truthfully it is the routine, the knowing that I can get the same thing every day and see smiling faces that "know" me. Well, at least they know what bagel I like and how I like it. But seriously I have been there A LOT...maybe missed two days since I have moved back...maybe??

Today I was waiting for my bagel as my favorite bagel girl, Jennifer made my bagel. I was staring at the menu on the wall just thinking about which ones sounded good, which ones I might pick if I was getting a salad or a sandwich. And I really thought that the "Bronx" one sounded yummy, as well as the Central Park Salad. I though it was weird that there was an Empire State Sandwich, too. "Weird," I thought, "they all have New York names...."

Yep...then it hit me! Oh my gosh I really just thought that thought and for 8 years have not realized that they have NY names and it is because it is called Manhattan bagel (which, for my Kiwi friends, is also home of the BAGEL). So I giggled all the way out and called my friend Amy, who immediately started laughing. I laughed all the way to work and then made Sam call me so I could tell him the story. I sometimes amaze myself that I actually think things like that. I am not making it up, those types of things are really in my head.

Hopefully my air head moment made you at least smile today...

No comments: