Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I love getting the sticker



So...my favorite part of voting is getting the sticker when you are done. I love it! I love the feeling of accomplishment. It is like that little sticker says "Well Done You Did Your Part." Funny that I love verbal affirmation so much I make it up...do stickers really talk to you :) I know I have issues.... But it makes me smile and makes me feel proud to wear it all day. I have been to many countries where the people's vote isn't even taken, and it is not a right for them to vote. I love that I live in a country that it is a right, and for me what that does is remind me to vote on election day but to remember and take action for people around the world that aren't fighting for their life to cast a vote. I walked up, gave them my name, the sweet lady behind the table smiled, the next sweet lady gave me my ballot, I drew ONE line (very big deal here...one line one vote), and I handed in my ballot and got the ever coveted sticker. No guns, no people yelling at me, no unrest. It reminds me how lucky we are, but that it isn't for me to just keep to myself. I now am responsible on a world level to interact and learn what others around the world are going through. I just love the whole voting process....

Just to make you laugh a little....This is how crazy I am. I was sad that the only sticker I found on line was NOT the sticker I was wearing :( But at least you can see a sticker....

HAPPY VOTING

No comments: