Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Little Things To Be Thankful For...

So my intention all week has been to post a "What I am Thankful for" Blog...seeing it is Thanksgiving tomorrow. It has not happened all week! I have tons to be thankful for like my wonderful boyfriend, Sam, my cutest 6 year old roommate Raya, my family that ALWAYS supports me in ever 'free-spirit' move I make, Sea Jay...living with my best friend's family--"mooching" off them as Banning so lovingly refers to it as :) Lakey--enough said. Elli's grown upness that I can't get over. Aims and her girls...they make my smile more times than she even knows. Danielle...what can I even say--she has laughed like crazy with me, let me be crazy, let me watch her CUTE AZ kids--just been my "hang out do nothing" buddy that I have missed the last few years. Working at a place that reminds me to trust and believe in bigger things that are currently in my life. My roommate from college who just seems to check in at the right moments. Ker, who brings a smile to my face because we talk on our voicemail like the other person is really on the other end :) Niki...5:45 comes early every day but so FUN to have her to work out with...catching up with old friends in Redding. Missing my friend in LA terribly, but loving video chat to see Zane and Audrey be CRAZY! Amy's early morning, perfectly timed phone calls and her 'big sister' way just always having the right thing to say. My friends in NZ...really where do I even start when I think back on this year and begin to be thankful....my sis...Mich what would I have done without you, Ali and Unc Nev--really could they have lived without this American girl? :) I know I couldn't lived without them. The Lines...enough said in my book :) My Mosaic friends that ALWAYS made me smile and a family that just took such good care of me.

See I have tons to be thankful for! I just haven't had time to sit down and write out ALL the things I wanted to say. But one of the best things about my week was a "little thing." Trying to save money and all is not always easy, but my mom has taught me so well...do not spend what you don't have, give a portion to god and to your savings then spend, always give cheerfully, ALWAYS do for others...all those things are a part of who I am. This week though I cleaned house unexpectedly so it was goint to my bills, but I really wanted to get my eyebrows done. I asked around and the prices were SO much more than LA and I just couldn't justify it when I was needing to pay bills...There is a difference between a need and a want (my mom, too). So my friend Trisha said one of her students in the school where she works, has her beauty license and used to work in NY and does it on the side while she is going to school. And she is ONLYL $10!!!! So I called her, a little nervous...it is my face and all. She was AMAZING!!! I had such a good time chatting with her and she did such a good job and did all the extras you pay for at a salon but was reasonable. If you live in Redding seriously call me or email me and I will give you her number. She is SO fantastic!

Okay so there are so many things to be thankful for...one of which is my job I have to get to...Yikes I am might be a little late today....I love Holiday Weeks!

No comments: