Saturday, January 31, 2009

The High Pass Difference

Funny how sometimes such a slight thing can make such a HUGE difference. Sam has been working on this new technique for his photos this past week and as he was showing me the results of a few slight moves on his computer I was amazed at what a difference it made. He took a picture that I thought was already very good and transformed it and it seemed the people jumped out of the picture. I didn't quite understand all the different things he did to get the outcome but it was slight and minute yet his eye was able to see the difference it would make. He sees things that the normal eye just doesn't seem to catch.

Contrary to popular belief Sam is not the reason that my blogs have been lack of late :) I was teased this week by quite a few people about why my blogging has seem to come to a sudden halt. It might seem with pictures like this that Sam is the reason behind this...

Visiting some of Sam's friends in San Clemente


(I put this picture in purely for the fact that these boys teased me relentlessly about blogging...now they are on my blog!)


(One fun weekend at the beach...of course!)


Unfortunately the reason I was able to be teased by some of my favorite people like Rayetta and Aunt Delores and my Grandma was a bittersweet occasion. My grandad passed away this week and Sam and I traveled home late Wednesday night for the funeral on Thursday. It really was a mix of emotion. While saying good bye is never easy there is something about seeing family and friends you haven't seen in years. There is a sweetness in the reminiscing and catching up. Sam was IMMERSED in my family and close friends for sure! I think I heard 5 people say to him..."keep talking I LOVE your accent." My reserved boyfriend that isn't a fan of huge groups and meeting tons of new people at once probably met over 80 people in a matter of 2 hours. And my most favorite part was those that said, "I know you from the blog." hehehehe It just made my heart dance with delight.

Spending time with my family and especially my brother who flew home from Holland was such a wonderful experience. Unfortunately my sister in law and nephew couldn't come and were SO missed by us all. I forgot how much fun my brother is since we don't get him at many holidays. He is in the Air Force and it had been three years since I had last seen him. I was so glad that Sam would get to meet him and laughed at how well they got along. My dad and brother are pretty quiet and they had quite a good time going outside and smoking cigars and drinking a beer. It was such a great time with my family and the day after the funeral my mom had all the immediate family over for a fish fry and even had some antelope thrown in there! My dad and brother did the cooking and we got to enjoy a fun night of yummy food, laughing and telling stories--some of which I wish we would have left out, and just being together with my Nana.

The best part of the trip was the surprise that it was that I got to stay home. Amy, my friend who I am working for at the job that is keeping me from blog world these days. I LOVE it still but man I just haven't had time to sit down and write what is going on, in two weeks is the Show and I will be back in blog world once again. I saw how one small gesture made a bigger impact than I could have imagined. We were SO busy at work and the project I have worked on since I started all was due the day of the funeral. I was planning to come home right after the funeral on Thursday. Instead I got a call after the funeral and Amy told me to just stay with my family and she would get my work done. My family was absolutely fine with me having to leave but the pure joy I saw in their faces was breathtaking when I told them that Amy had worked it so I can stay. She didn't have to do that and we had SO much to do, but one small gesture and a minute phone call gave my family quite a few special memories that we wouldn't have had.

Funny that earlier in the week when Sam was showing me the High Pass technique that I would experience the High Pass technique in my life...a sacrificial gesture and a simple phone call was the High Pass Difference in my life and my families.

(my whole family in one place!)


Me and my bro...I am SO proud of him. He is a major in the Air Force!)


(Sam even had to get in the family pictures...here is my spunky 94 year old Auntie Velma)


(Here is my sweet sweet Grandma and us)


(Me and Mike had to get a pic with my wonderful grandma and our lovely auntie!)


(We LOVE our grandma!)

No comments: