Monday, November 19, 2007

Blind Date #434

So I did it one more time....went out on a blind date. I have to say this wasn't a bad date. It was just a date. We met for coffee in downtown LA. I had a tea, he had a hot chocolate and we talked about our life.

If you have never been on a blind date, you definitely missed out on one season of life. It is the oddest feeling that overtakes you. You sit down, talk about yourself, ask questions about someone you don't know, and you hope that it is either amazing or so bad that the stories are funny. You wonder why somone else thinks you are so great that they set you up, but have no idea if the person you are with got the memo you were cool and fun to be with.

I have to admit for 6 or 7 years I have tried to convince myself that blind dates aren't that bad. They are! I always thought: it is a new person to know and usually a free coffee or lunch. But I just don't think it's worth it...I don't like coffee and I am so weird about the food I eat. So why have I gone on so many blind dates?

Who knows? But I think I am done.

I will leave you with my favorite quote from this date:

After checking his cell phone clock two times in the 40 minutes we were sitting there...
Him: (takes out his cell phone one more time and this time does not look at the cell phone face but opens up the flip phone)
"It's 4:34, I don't know what time you need to get going..."

Me: (pretending like I was astounded that he was that bored with me...)
"Oh not for a few more minutes." (while I silently giggled to myself thinking, if I have to endure this you can hang out a few more minutes)

C'mon you don't know what you would have said either....

4 comments:

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

I would have said, "Actually, I wanted to leave at 4:30, but I was being nice." =)

rev rock said...

what up girl...sounds like an amazing date. Welcome to my crazy life. Hopefully we can run into you up in Redding sometime soon. I'll set you up with someone from the Stirring! Hope all is well.

Victoria said...

Ha ha that is so funny Dana!! I love reading your blogs!

David Samuel Sandler said...

He's a rat bastard he is. You should have said you were hungry and had him buy the most expensive item there.