Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thankful...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...second only to Cino de Mayo, but you would have to know just how much I love Mexican food to know that I love that holiday!

Things I am thankful for this year:
Strength of my friends:
*Sea Jay who lets me talk about every emotion every time I feel it and really is stability for me when I can't seem to find my place or my footing (in short she is my "wind beneath my wings" hehehe) I am not sure what life would be like without her...well I would be paying a lot in Counseling bills that's for sure! She really is my Naomi:)
*Amy G who is the closest thing to a sister that I have ever had. She knows how to be logical and be fired up when I need her to be...and knows just when to do each.
*Amy and Scott who gives me a place to be (and be there a lot I am:) Beyond that they are the safe place to laugh, cry, get very angry, and just do nothing, and are the family I need in LA....plus I get to watch Dexter at their house...need I say more?
*Ker who is the most gracious empathetic friend I have. She knows just when to listen and is always the voice on the other side of the phone reminding me that she is in "this" with me...whatever the current "this" is in my life:)
*Stac who still is the best college roommate ever and who lets me leave crazy messages on her work phone, who shares her journey with me and lets me cry no matter what the issue is and lets say "he" is DUMB (censored version) every time!
*Danielle who is always there to remind me I am not crazy and that there is a logical solution. She listens to my emotion and just when I think I am crazy she validates why I can't stop crying...

Kids that make me smile: Audrey, Zane, Judah, Zoe, Micah, Jacob, Elli, Raya, Lake, Madeleine, and Claira and our new little Ethiopian baby on the way...

Friends that made LA bearable: MONI, CINDY, KIMBERLY, HOLLY(even though she wasn't here the talks we had were always perfectly timed!), NICHOLE, VICTORIA, SHAE

Work Friends that were so much more than just 'work friends': Sueann, Dana, Mark, Chad, Adrian, Goody, Amy, Jimmy, Joby, Sam, and Mandy

Coffee at 8AM Monday Mornings

Serving at Mosaic and being allowed to serve in an area that influenced people

My Staff Development Team

Being led by Janice--need I say more to the Velvet Sword?

Stability of my family

Change (I know can you believe I am putting that?)

Exciting new adventure

New Zealand

The fact that there are less people in NZ than in LA and it is the size of CA

The lack of traffic where I am going

Friends I get to hang out with in NZ: Grant, Deby and Glen.

The chance to grow and trust in a new season of life!

No comments: