Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dang Hollywood

I know I am a tad bit dramatic at times but this weekend I felt like my life was a movie. Starting with the realization that Hollywood has wrecked real life for me.

It just isn't fair when you go to a place that is a natural wonder and all you can think is "man this is like a ride at Disneyland. I feel like I am in Pirates of the Caribbean or It's a Bugs Life or watching Indian Jones." I went to the Waitomo Caves with Beks and Greg on Saturday. It is a few caves that they charge you to go look at (tourism at its finest). The one we went into was a GLOW WORM CAVE. It was cool to see all the limestone in the cave and then they turn out the lights and you look up and see hundreds of little green glowing lights--hence why it is called the Glow worm caves. Being in the caves was like being in a scene straight out of Indian Jones, though. Even down to that gross scene with all the spiders, but in my case it was worms. It was just creepy to think of these cute little lights that looked like the inside of Space Mountain, were really not lights like in Disneyland or in a movie, but real worms....ewww.

It was a limestone cave that was filled with all these cool different parts that were very intricate--like a Hollywood set designer had perfectly crafted it. Or an imagineer at Disney had created it for the perfect life like experience. YET IT WAS LIFE. It was such a surreal feeling.

The second part of my weekend happened when I felt like I was living a movie. Every time I tried to planned to look cute at a "chance meeting with someone" it never worked. Each time I had no make up on and looked horrible wanna guess who I ran into? Yep that person. There isn't much to tell there other than after a week or so of this happening and me dying each time it did it happened again today! I ran to the grocery store after just getting out of the shower with no make up on for something quick. I told Auntie Ali that my luck the way it is going I might run into "someone" let's call him "cuteness" for sake of not naming names:) We had a good laugh about how that kept happening, but really pretty sure that won't happen on a Sunday morning. As we are getting in the car to leave I realize we didn't run into "cuteness." I proudly announce in mocking humor to Auntie Ali, that I made it out without a meeting. Maybe my luck is turning around. Wanna guess what happens not 30 seconds later?? Yep CUTENESS arrives. I kind of lost my bearings and was a little shocked. And am embarrassed to admit that I went speechless. Man what happen to the cool put together American I was faking being? She disappeared with my pride in that moment. I was invited over to brunch but seeing I couldn't make words form in my mouth I didn't end up going. What the heck!

Me and Auntie Ali laughed all the way home--she was more laughing at my lack of words and coolness and how my life really is a girl movie--Predictable at all turns, just not the fun parts yet:) I wonder if God got bored with the current Girl Movies out and decided to orchestrate a little fun in my life so he can be entertained this month. HMMM...could be.

Just a little FYI I saw Cuteness later in the day and found my words and even seemed to have got my game back on! If there are any more stories I will be sure to update them in the most discreet fashion on my blog...

So, though, I have left Hollywood, I feel like it hasn't left me....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

man oh man! the "cuteness" encounters are making me have a stomach ache! I can read some excitement in your words though...can't wait to hear more!!

Erica said...

O man I love this story keep it going.