Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Only in New Zealand (part 5)

*Do you put in for a Visa in their immigration office and receive a text message (yes you read that right a text message) to let you know they received your paperwork. It was even in "text lingo" ie thx for your app u will hear from us soon...

My oh My where have I just agreed to stay for the next 6 months

*Do you use the phrase I went up the Mount at the "Sparrow's Fart." Do you wonder what that means? I did too. Last night Deby explained it to me and I laughed so hard I had share it with you.

Dana: What does Sparrow's Fart mean?
Deby: You don't know?
Dana: No
Deby: Well, sparrow's get up VERY early, before anything else.
Dana: Oh (thinking okay what does farting have to do with it??)
Deby: And what is the first thing you do when you get up? FART
My response: LAUGHING...thinking of one particular friend who shall remain nameless but actually has that same problem:)

So when you get up so early you can't stand it, just say to someone I got up at the Sparrow's Fart. They will laugh or think you are crazy...either way you will get a good laugh out of it

4 comments:

Mother of Pearl said...

Alrighty then!!! So I guess you could say that I have been getting up BEFORE the Sparrow Fart!!We just call it the Ass crack of Dawn...
L

Unknown said...

its "a sparrows fart"

not "the sparrows"

but either one works i suppose

;)

Erica said...

Hilarious Dana, the last couple times you have commented on my blog I have been so confused if you were commenting or Georgia. I get it now.

Dana said...

Seriously Greg!

Do you have to correct me on my blog.....??!!
:)