Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Job Searching is OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!

After two and half weeks that seemed like 2 and 1/2 years the job search is over! The day started out a bit rough.

HORRIFIC night of sleep.
Moving company coming with ALL our stuff, with no where except storage to put it.
Rushing to an interview.
Feeling like we are in the Twilight Zone because....
The event planning company interview was a CRAZY pyramid scheme. Which sent me to a run down JC Penny's in an even more run down strip mall. (20 miles outside of Jacksonville)
Asked what we were actually doing at the event planning interview that was supposed to be observing an actual event....the answer "we sell things outside of places like JC Penny's."
My answer....."not exactly what was told to me. Thank you. Bye."
Drove home in disbelief.
Sam and me laugh because at this point, there is nothing left to do.
Go for a quick beach trip to clear our head.
Sam got a call from our friend Kimi that Sam can have a room next door to them for a steal, fully furnished!
Went to interview #2.
AMAZING INTERVIEW!!!
Got the job at a company called, Metabolic Research Center, focusing on holistically helping people get healthy.
They saw my resume last week. Interviewed me on the phone. Brought me in today. Hired me on the spot.
Great Pay. 8-5. Never in the same office all day long. Using all my strengths.
Tomorrow we can sign on one of two amazing apartments we saw in our apartment searches now that I have a job.

Bottom line: wins

Sam and I both needed wins today, and we just stared at each other in disbelief that we made it this far. We celebrated with a little Chipotle....nothing says HOORAY like Guacamole :)

The next chapter of Jacksonville will start in the next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU!

Come back to california and we can make fun of the upper admin weirdos again. Ah memories

-Darren

Unknown said...

Another great t-short slogan: "Nothing says 'hooray' like guacamole." Love it.