Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tornado Warnings...Thunderstorms...Welcome to Florida!

OUR LAST DAY OF DRIVING!!!!



5 Days of driving, too many gas stations to count, 9 states, one near accident, and memories of a lifetime....
WE MADE IT!


We pulled into Jacksonville yesterday at 3pm, just in time to SURPRISE the twins! Sam's favorite little friends had NO idea we were coming today, they thought we would be in Florida in a week or two. We tricked them good! They got off the bus and saw a rugby ball get kicked out of their garage and they said, "they knew it was him!" It was so fun seeing them and getting to surprise them.



We also pulled into Tornado warnings and a massive thunderstorm last night! Sam and I looked at each other and just laughed...why would there not be Tornado warnings our first day in Florida!

We hung out with the Jensen family for awhile, then headed off to Mama's (Sam's grandma's) for our first look at our new home for awhile. She is SO gracious and had everything all ready for us...I took some pictures of my room so you can see where I spent my first night in Jacksonville


The room actually made me think of my Aunt Velma and Aunt Alamay so I did okay my first night in a new place.









I also, in tornado weather, went and looked at apartments and hunted for jobs today while Sam worked. It was quite ridiculous for me to be doing that but...I needed to, for my own sanity if nothing else. After living in LA apartments are so cheap, I feel like they are giving them to me! I found some great ones by the beach and by a fun shopping area. I have a job interview tomorrow and even gave my resume to one of the apt. places that was hiring...we will see.

We are glad to be in Jacksonville and excited to see what this new adventure holds...already the stories make me smile!!!

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

Sounds like things are going well!! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in your new home xx

Michelle said...

yay you made it!! so glad :)
i noticed the asian dolls on the dressing table. well done mama. hope they reminded you of me! xx

Aunt Denise said...

I have the same fan. I love the room!

Stacie said...

Yay! Glad you guys made it. You know you love the dolls and the pretty flower curtains:)I wonder how much a plane ticket costs to Florida. Will probably have to come see you when you get settled. Praying for the job/apt. situation. Love you!
stacie