Saturday, April 18, 2009

The middle of the story

What a week...I forget sometimes how tiring it is to not only move, but look for jobs. I LOVE newness and the excitement of seeing new places and experiencing new things, hence the life I have seemed to lead. Yet at the same time I HATE change. How do you figure that one out? I have such an intense need for it but cry my way through it.

I think at the end of the day I love a good story. The best parts of a story are often the beginning that draws you in and makes you wonder what will happen next. And the ending that ties up your moments of escape with a happy ending or leaves you thinking and so glad you experienced people and places in your mind. The middle though...sometimes it is uneventful. Needed. Informative. Even funny at times. But never quite as good as the beginning and end. I always must remind myself in moves that the middle starts soon after the beginning just gets good. This middle, or we can also call it REALITY, came quite fast this time. To look for jobs can be a long degrading process, especially since I have been on a job search since September it feels like. It isn't bad or even genuinely degrading, just wares on you. You walk in a place or send an email selling yourself only to hear...nope not now. It takes a ton of mind work to keep going for me some days. But the reason I am here makes me smile. We knew and know Jacksonville for some reason was the place to head, so I keep plugging along, reminding myself Rome wasn't built in a day (well Sam reminds me that...I sometimes think it could have been if they just worked a little harder :) think I have issues?)

I have learned so much this week and am excited to see what this adventure holds. I have pictured myself so many times being asked years down the road, "how did you and Sam get together? What was your dating experience life?" And I just smile, my mind and heart full of memories that almost seem unreal. It is easy to remember at that point that this is the "middle." A job will come, an apartment will come, life will be so busy I will wonder where time has gone, but these are memories I am trying to enjoy and take in. Sometimes it is easy, other times it is hard. That is just life. And I am learning to just let me be me and take each day.

Jacksonville is filled with SO much and so much I love discovering. There are differences for sure for this California girl, and moments I have to remind myself that I am in a brand new culture, but I think this is going to be a good place to call home for awhile. And it's by the beach...really can anything be that hard when you live by the beach? Plus, LA has made me so tough, that driving here is a breeze...their "traffic" is like driving around in LA on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Gotta love that!

Until next the installment of the midlle...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who'd have thought that l.a. Would prepare you for Florida! Thinking of yous.