Friday, April 10, 2009

The Trip Of A Lifetime...(Part 3)

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!!! Those are the only words I have...

The 2 Time Zone change killed us this morning...we were dying to get going this morning...didn't leave til 9:30...




We will definitely be taking 3 days to get across Texas!! I think Texas kicked our butts! We were so bored at some points we went a little stir crazy for sure!!


There was one memorable moment...I had to go to the bathroom SOOOO bad. There was nothing for miles. So I opted to stop at this little hole in the wall gas station/country store. I walked in and giggled to myself at what I saw, but it wasn't that bad. Everyone seemed to know everyone, though, which made me smile. Then it happened...that moment when you see the bathroom and know that you can go...then you have to go REALLY BAD. But...there was a lovely man cleaning it and the other women's bathroom was taken, with no sign of being untaken any time soon. So as I stood there doing a little dance, so annoyed, 20 or more Sheriffs poor in the door (which we had see them each in their own Sheriff SUV on our drive) along with....Inmates, clad in the proverbial black and white attire. I just shook my had and laughed and thought, "where am I?" In the middle of NOWHERE, aka South Texas!


Oh and do you know this? There are MORE Texas state flags than American flags on the drive...there is. I counted.



And when we finally made it to San Antonio (the first sign of real civilization) we were so excited. I was explaining our national anthem to Sam and then missed the turn off for the 10! This is how annoyed we were...


We FINALLY made it through the vast nothingness that is south Texas on the 10 and saw signs for Houston!! We were so happy!!!

Until tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Auntie Dana and Sam...when you were driving to Texas, your blog was funny! I saw Madeleine and Claira, they played with me and spent the night last night. Think about me today :)
I love you.
Love,
Jacob

Unknown said...

fun! Keep posting. Drive safe.