Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Trip Of A Lifetime...(Part 1)

Well I might be a bit optimistic with that title...but it might be a trip of a lifetime...I am thinking after today's drive alone I might not want to do this again :) Lots of desserts and lots and lots of cactus.....We clearly made it to...(11 and 1/2 hours later!!!!)



After good byes to friends in Redding, and good byes to Aunt Velma, Nana, and Grandma, repacking my stuff to be moved out to Florida, repacking my car to organize our suitcases once we got there...we were ready to set off. This was the good bye at 7:30AM from my parents house.



It was SUPER emotional! I have left my parents house more times than I could ever count...but this time seemed so different. I have never gone on one of my adventures with someone I loved before and the good bye this time just seemed to be a bit sad as I said good bye to my mom and dad. I hated to leave before Easter, I hated to leave my parents there with both me and Mike gone, and I hated that they were a bit teary...but I know that this is the right thing. Still I cried until I was on the other side of Turlock. Then the fun reality of what I was doing hit me!

Someone in the car with me might have been a bit grouchy...I won't say who but it wasn't me :) We found the middle of nowhere...well the very end of my life in CA as I know it. It was at a rest stop right before we crossed the Arizona border.



The day was LONG for sure, but we really wanted to make it to Phoenix (we did it Aunt Delores!!) In fact, in our tiredness and frustration we passed Phoenix because we couldn't find a strip of hotels and landed on the other side of Tempe. But we found a great place for really cheap...and there wasn't just a complimentary breakfast...but a complimentary dinner!!!



Even though today was long (and I remembered my last drive across the country (there and back!) with Stacie, Amy and I and we all HATED Nebraska...we felt like we were in that state for weeks, but I have a feeling that my whole drive is going to look much like that...) it was such a good feeling to be setting out for a new adventure with Sam. And I even got a call on a job our friend Kimi, in Florida had forwarded me from Craigs List. I have an interview on Tuesday! That was pretty encouraging to get that and realize that there are jobs out there to be had.

I am off to bed now...ready to do it all again tomorrow! Texas here we come!!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Loved the blog and pics! Thought about you all day and will continue to pray for you guys! Love you friend :)