Saturday, January 5, 2008

Traveling...

AGHHH!!!
13 Hours of traveling down the state of CA (which I will remind you is the size of the entire country of New Zealand)
12 Hours of RAIN!
8 Hours of talking on the phone
1 Hour with my parents (barely...sorry dad I got less with you)
1/2 Hour of crying about the transition of my life--I made myself stop because I couldn't handle it...so the crying time quite possibly could have been 13 if I would have let myself feel all that is in me. Oh well...denial is okay sometimes I think
1/2 Hour of anxiety about not knowing what I am doing in April...got over that after calls from Sea, Danielle, and Amy THANKS!
45 Minutes with college roommate drinking a YUMMY Milky Way Steamer:)
2 Hours of the best podcast (especially for LONG road trips) -- I can't remember the name but it the coolest & most intriguing American stories told on a Chicago Public Radio station--THANKS SCOTT! It made the grapevine doable!
(I'll post the name after I find out what it is called--my podcast on iTunes says WFHB Hola Bloommington, try searching that)
1 Hour on the Grapevine


What did all that get me you ask? Coming home to an empty apt (well empty of all my stuff), carrying up all my stuff up in the rain...three trips, sleeping on the couch in a storm with no heat (don't ask...)
AND...thinking about getting to see Amy, Scott, Audrey, Zane, Cindy, Janice, Moni, Lori, Daryl, My GYM friends (did you miss me Andy?), Sueann, My Roommate, Andy, and so many other friends! :)

What will 13 hours of travel in one week get me, you ask? NEW ZEALAND BEACHES!!!

Ahhh the funny ups and downs of life...just depends how you look at it!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

oh such changes you're going through! i can feel your roller coaster of emotions as i read your words. the future is wide open lady! i can't WAIT to read all about it.