Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yep...it is full of Diet Coke

I went for a jog on the beach, sat there for awhile just thinking and being quiet, surrendered that which I could not control--mostly everything, seeing that my illusion of control is often strong, went into work, talked to people all day long, walked around the mount with a friend, had a great "family time" with Beks and Greg, and ended my night at a meeting of one of the leaders I will be working with who cast vision for 2008 for their team.

In all, it was a great day. I am still wondering what these next three months will look like, what I will accomplish, why I am here, but I was able to see the inside of the cup without freaking out. And it did appear more like Diet Coke than yucky medicine or poison:)

I love adventure and risk, but it doesn't ever come without fear. The fear is there it is just what I choose to focus on. And, quite frankly, I kind of like the fear...it is a bit of a challenge and adrenaline rush.

I am off to bed and excited to start a new day and see what it holds here in New Zealand.

Hope you are experiencing adventure, fear, risk and most of all LOVE today.

1 comment:

Erica said...

wheeeeew, diet coke, that's a relief. That makes me feel better. I've been drinking it at the end of the day not knowing if I'll wake up tomorrow. Now maybe I'll be able to enjoy it a little more. Dana I love how your life always reflects the Lord. God in you brightens my rainy day. You are beautiful. Never change.