Monday, June 9, 2008

Friends Make Overwhelming Days Memories

Today I was reminded how much I have here in New Zealand. I had a day that I knew was going to be a bit overwhelming--or at least that was my gut instinct, and it was right. Michelle gave up her Monday to hang out with me. We drove a couple hours away, laughed a lot, talked a lot and even managed to not get lost on the way to something I had to do. And as I walked into the conversation I had to have I thought...well since Michelle is here with me it has now turned from a conversation to a memory. And memories are one of the most important things to me.

I have a lot to think about after my day, but I was so thankful that Michelle was with me and that I have good friends here in NZ. After big conversations I don't really talk much, which is one of the few times I am quiet in my life :) But I realized that Michelle had become one of those "quiet in the car friends." You know the ones...the ones that you don't have to say anything to and it is okay. When I got home I had two different friends just check in with me. It was one of those moments that, while I was still overwhelmed a bit I was also reminded that I have good friends.

So those of you in the States know that while I MISS YOU TERRIBLY...I do also have good friends here that look out for me and make memories with me.

Pretty lucky girl I am!

No comments: