Monday, June 30, 2008

My Life is a Movie

There are so many moments that I genuinely think that I could sell my life to 20th Century Fox and make enough money to just travel around being people's friends.

I have had SO many "movie-like" moments in the last few weeks, in fact more than I care to even talk about. But last night I think I hit one of the all time best movie like moments. I was kind of grouchy, didn't feel super hot and had to travel about an hour away. I was actually looking forward to the couple I was going to see, but it was SO cold and I was so tired and have just had a bad few weeks--so in short, I was having a PITY PARTY--streamers, balloons and all! On the way there I complained to my friend Glen about my current life happenings, to which he patiently listened and offered me chocolate :)

We roll into town and I just had to laugh at myself....





I really was in the Shire...I was in Hobbiton. All I could do was laugh and think, is this really my life? It is...

In a few weeks I am going to go back and do the whole Lord of the Rings tour with my friends from there, but for today I just have to laugh at how serious I take life and really? Could like be that bad if I am in Hobbiton??!!!

Then on the way home Glen had to stop and put oil in his car...so we pull over to the side or the road and there are two opossums just sitting there staring at us...not running away--just happy to be our friends. I had to laugh as I watched these little furry creatures--but I definitely shut the car door that Glen left open, because I did not want the little creature to come in the car and that is kind of the way my life is going these days. So instead, I giggled to myself at the fact that I have NEVER seen a opossum up close and last night I did--which has more to do with a story that cannot not be told on this blog....to protect the innocent :)

So one day if my life really became a movie--who you would like to play you in my movie? Want to take a guess at who I think should play me??

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I grew up in Hobbiton. Does that make me a hobbit?

- Yes, Possums have a way of making life special.

hannahrae said...

Dana! I'm so happy to have found your blog on Dan Lance's page! You don't know how much I've enjoyed reading your blogs and catching up on your crazy new life in New Zealand!!!

I love you and hope you are doing well!

-hannah klose

Kerri said...

Ok so I feel like the opossum scene was like a car insurance commercial or something in the sitcom of your life. Or like when 20th Century Fox does "The Life of Dana" it will have to be somewhat like the movie Enchanted with real and cartoonish characters and at different points in the movie, the camera pans to the opossums and they just say (because yes they can talk) "Really? You've got to be kidding!" And every once in a while, someone will have to burst into song, because we all know that sometimes life is like a musical. :)
As for who you want to play you? I'm thinking maybe Reese Witherspoon, but she would have to dye her hair. And as for who should play me...let's see, well I guess Jennifer Love Hewitt because Tim's dad always says that he thinks I resemble her.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that I would be played by Rachel McAdams... but I actually think she might suit you more! You are totally Rachel McAdams in the movie of your life.

I would be played by... uh....?