Sunday, June 1, 2008

Surfing, Georgia, and Orphanages

One of my most favorite people in New Zealand is Georgia Lines...


She always makes me smile. She is an INCREDIBLE helper at work for me. She always is thinking of others and we just laugh a lot together. On Friday night we hung out before we went and saw this AWESOME movie, Walking on Water. When I saw the preview I thought it was a glimpse into a part of one of my dreams in life that I actually didn't really know was in my heart until I saw it on a screen. This older seasoned surfer, Bryan Jennings, took these two young surfers all around the world to the best surf spots in the world. But the best part of the movie wasn't the UNBELIEVABLE SURF, but the fact that he wanted to help these young guys see the world is bigger than the beaches in So. Cal. and bigger than themselves. If you get a chance to see it, you should definitely GO! The surf alone is AMAZING, but the story is inspiring. To take two of the girls that I am investing in all over the world...WHAT A DREAM! I probably wouldn't take them surfing...though I did learn how once :) But I would take them all around the world working in orphanages. Who knows maybe one day that dream will come true. The biggest dream would be to take my best friend's kids...don't worry guys I will ask you before I tromp off to Russia to show them orphanages.. :)


If I was able to do it right now I would take my friend Georgia and my friend Ruby here...

So taking Georgia out for the night and then getting to take Ruby home and hang out with her family just made me smile and completed the night.

Here is me and Georgia sitting on the beach after going shopping and, of course, finding the CUTEST stuff. Georgia is a magnet for cute clothes on sale for me. We found the cutest jacket and I just had to get it...it was half off! (I will show you it in my next blog...)



She was super excited about her subway...and the beach...but I made her take one more picture with her eyes open


What a fun night we had--shopping, subway, dinner on the beach, Starbucks (that Georgia bought me), and a fun movie.

No comments: