Thursday, July 3, 2008

The 4th of July and Fingerless Gloves...


Those two things should not be in them same sentence!! But they are!!! As I type this blog I am sitting at the computer so cold wearing fingerless gloves....As my friends in Redding are in 105 degree weather---and a town filled with smoke!! I am sorry guys that there are no fireworks there this year!!

Today is the 4th of July in NZ and I have been sad that I am not going to be home for the 4th for over two months now. The 4th isn't just a day of the month or a public holiday--It's an EVENT, It's a MINDSET, It's FRIENDS, and It's MEMORIES...

You just can't recreate that, but we will make some attempts tonight. I wore a white shirt and a red ribbon in my hair (seriously I never dressed up for the 4th but this year...well there were those flags shoes and star shorts, stacie remember those?). My friend Michelle wore red/white and blue for me today, too. Tons of people text me to wish me a Happy 4th and even though I have a meeting tonight!!! :( I will be going to a 4th of July party after, where the host found fireworks!!! They are illegal, but we will have fireworks so who cares? And we will have hot dogs and hamburgers! Plus I made an apple pie---what else would an all american bring?

It is supposed to rain and I will be gutted if I don't see them...but nonetheless I will try and have a Happy 4th :)

No comments: