Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life Lessons From Hannah Montana



Confession: I LOVE HANNAH MONTANA
I am not afraid to admit it...I do love it. One weekend I was sick and I was SO excited because there was a Hannah Montana marathon on. And I am not going to lie, I always go straight to the Disney Channel if I need some mindless TV to check to see if Hannah Montana is on. I don't know why but she just makes me laugh so hard.

Today I am home sick again...I can't remember being sick so many times in one winter, but I am once again. I was so bummed because I had so much planned and even had two friends text me to hang out today that I was so looking forward to hanging out with...but mostly I was sad because my friend Sally bought me the CUTEST coat yesterday and I was planning on wearing it today. My friend Luke teased me that I was wearing it in the house because i wanted to wear it so bad...I thought about it, but I didn't. I will save it for another day :)

So today there was no Hannah Montana marathon on, but there was a Punk'd marathon on which made me laugh all day...but the funniest part was that they showed a Hannah Montana video in between episodes...don't you think that is kind of weird? I thought so too! Now while I love the TV show I can't say I have heard much of her music...except when I am Sea Jay's listening to it with Elli and Raya, but i can't recall any of her songs except the main one for the TV show. But this song caught my attention today.

She has a song called Nobody's Perfect. I was mesmerized by the words...I know I am pathetic, but hear me out. I struggle with thinking I need to be perfect. This isn't a really new thing, but this last week I feel like I learned some really deep things about myself and had to face some hard truths about perfection and why I strive to be perfect. It plays out in different areas for me but it comes down to one basic thing...If I am not perfect I won't be loved. Now in my head I know that isn't true, but getting that to translate to my life and my mind and emotions is something I have to work on. So when I heard this Hannah Montana song...I kind of had to laugh at myself. Why is a 14 year old getting and I am just beginning too? We are kind of working on the same stuff right now...I guess you are never too old to learn huh? Here is her lyrics...with some of my comments mingled in with bold letters:

Everybody makes mistakes (HATE THAT!!!)... Everybody has those days... Everybody knows what what I'm talkin' 'bout... Everybody gets that way... [x2]

Sometimes I'm in a jam
I've gotta make a plan (I LOVE MYSELF A PLAN AND AM ALWAYS MAKING ONE IN MY HEAD)
It might be crazy
I do it anyway

No way to know for sure
I'll figure out a cure
I'm patchin' up the holes
But then it overflows
If I'm not doin' to well
Why be so hard on my self? (GOOD QUESTION HANNAH)

[Chorus]
Nobody's Perfect!
I gotta work it!
Again and again 'til I get it right
Nobody's Perfect!
You live and you learn it! (If only I could get this concept down!!)
And if I mess it up sometimes... (AND THIS ONE!)
Nobody's perfect

Sometimes I work a scheme
But then it flips on me (OH MAN SO TRUE FOR ME!)
Doesn't turn out how I planned (MOST OF THE TIME THAT IS TRUE)
get stuck in quick sand
No problem, can't be solved
Once I get involved
I try to be delicate
Then crash right into it (OOPS THAT'S ME TOO)
My intentions are good
Sometimes just misunderstood (YEP)

[Chorus]

Nobody's Perfect!
I gotta work it!
Again and again 'til I get it right
Nobody's Perfect!
You live and you learn it!
And if I mess it up sometimes...
Nobody's perfect

Nobody's perfect!
I gotta work it!
I know in time I'll find a way
Nobody's perfect!

Sometimes I fix things up
And they fall apart again (OH MAN THIS TOO IS ME!)
Nobody's perfect

I might mix things up
But I always get it right in the end

There is my life lesson for the week...thank you Hannah Montana!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awh sorry you're sick Dana, hope you're feeling better soon!
Hannah Montanna's music does have this way of sneaking into my head. Kinda feel violated by it really ha.

Hope you're feeling better soon.