Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blokes and Pies



My funniest moment of the week:

I text my dad to say I loved and miss him. An hour later I get a text back that says, "Hi love..sorry it took me so long to get back to you I was baking a Peach Pie."

WHAT?! SO funny to me...if you know my dad he is a Guy's GUY--A Bloke is what you would call it in NZ. It just made me smile and giggle a bit. Mostly because he bakes so good and does it with his hunting buddies--some of which I can't really remember ever seeing in anything but camouflaged clothes!

The next morning I wake up and what is Uncle Neville (a HUGE BLOKE) doing? Baking an apple/berry pie...complete with the lattice topped look!

What the heck? All I could say was this could be a chapter in the book of my life....Blokes and Pies! Who knew???

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hmmm...there is something about a man who can cook. and there is something even more about him if he can bake! A lattice? C'mon, most guys don't even know what that is! That's amazing and wonderful not to mention that food always tastes better when someone else makes it. I always tell my guys, "your future wife will love you for this!!"
:)