Friday, July 11, 2008

Top 10 Lists

So today is July 11th....which means that it is some of my favorite people's birthdays!!! Happy Birthday Kerri and Derrick (and Hayley :)

Since my cards for both Kerri and Derrick are on my table right now and it is July 11th (and technically I have one more day to call them, since it is only the 10th in the States--Gotta love the whole "I live in a different day" thing :) I decided that I needed to let the world know (or the few of that read my blog...hehehe) how much I love and appreciate them both!!!

Top 10 Reasons I LOVE Derrick:




10. He calls me Daners
9. He was scary red bandanna boy his first year at Simpson and now he is one of my best friends (I know Derrick...you weren't scary--but you kind of were)
8. He would go running with me in college even though I ran SO slow
7. When we catch up on the phone or in person I NEVER wonder if he cares how I am doing...he cares so deeply about what is happening in my life.
6. He still loves me even though I don't drink or like coffee....but in NZ I have seemed to drink a fair amount.
5. He (and Danielle) has walked through some of the most difficult things in my life with me--even when I hated all men, especially married men.
4. He is, hands down one of the BEST listeners I have ever met in my life.
3. Some of my favorite cafeteria memories are filled with him....hours in the cafeteria, laughing forever, and when we thought we looked so Collegiate holding our cups of coffee (well I didn't have coffee, but I held the cup)
2. He ran an ENTIRE half marathon with me in Huntington Beach, without training, because I was nervous about doing it myself.
1. He is DERRICK FLECK! Anyone would be lucky to have a friend that is half as loving, compassionate, giving, kind, gracious, funny, and wonderful as him!

I love you Derrick!!

Top Ten Reason I LOVE Kerri:


10. She knows way too much about me :) (not really kidding...hehehehe)
9. She was "Homie g Funk Barbie" our Freshmen Year
8. She has been one of my best friends for 14 years now and each year our friendship has grown deeper and stronger.
7. She is the MOST empathetic non judgemental friend
6. She has walked with me through some crazy life experiences that only we could relate to....
5. Two Words: Spindrift Vacations....ahh the memories!
4. She encourages me to be who God created me to be
3. She holds HOPE for me when I have lost all of mine
2. She fills my last 14 years of memories---from crazy car trips in college, late not talks, early morning calls, trips to Waremart--aka Winco to get Candy, Bread and other essentials, summer vacations at the beach, reunions in Loomis and Redding, WEDDINGS!, time with her family in Reno (a story in and of itself), calls crying from the numerous places I have lived my adventure filled life, and sweet memories of laughing until we cried and crying until we finally had to laugh!
1. She is my forever friend--Friends make up my world and allow me to traipse all over the world, because I know I always have them to lean on, laugh with, cry with, be frustrated and am completely illogical with...Kerri is that Friend! I hope you all have a Kerri in your life...

I love you VERY much!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Thanks friend. You made me laugh and also brought tears to my eyes with your top 10 list. I am so blessed to have a friend who knows me so well and a friendship that has grown so deep for so many years. I love you.

Shannon said...

This was a great blog! Great people!

Anonymous said...

now its isabella's birthday too!! hehe! ingrid xx