Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday Wines



It is Thursday here in NZ today, but since it is Wednesday in the States I thought I would share with you guys my favorite part about my Wednesdays: WEDNESDAY WINES



I meet some of my most favorite people in NZ on Wednesday at the Astrolabe after work and we talk, complain about our day, sometimes eat lots and lots of fries, flirt a little with the bartender or the cute brown hat guy playing pool (well me and Rochelle do at least--hehehe) and always LAUGH a lot! I look forward to Wednesday every week. And this week I was not disappointed! We laughed so hard and loved getting to be apart of these girls lives. The funniest part about Wednesday Wines to me is that I don't drink wine. I actually hate it. I have tried to like it numerous times and always try a sip thinking maybe this time I will like it. I even went wine tasting in Santa Barbabra (which was so fun!) but still no such luck at becoming a wine connoisseur. I actually love the whole idea of it and love holding the glass and feeling rather adult, but I just don't like it...and definitely don't like it enough to spend the calories and money on it :) So I stick with Diet Coke, but Wednesday Diet Cokes just doesn't have the same cool ring to it!

I feel so lucky to get to hang out each week and laugh with these girls...even though as I was describing my 10 year college reunion coming up they commented on the fact that they haven't even had their 5 year high school reunion! So I am a little older than them--well a lot :) But it is funny how life kind of evens itself out and they are okay with the fact that I could have baby sat them---and one of my friends, who shall remain nameless said to me this week when we were discussing my dating life and how I should go on NZ Dating.com to find a husband so I can stay in NZ forever..."My dad is single, and he is cool..." That by far has been the best comment of Wednesday Wines thus far...mostly because she was kind of serious :) I think I will skip being her step mom, but I do love her!

IF (we are saying if so that we can stay in denial a little longer...when I say we I mean Michelle:) I come home in the Fall I will miss Wednesday Wines so much, but the did promise to keep me on the Wednesday emails that lead up to Wednesday Wines. Which sometimes is just as funny as Wednesday Wines!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Go for the Dad Dana!!!!

Anonymous said...

All right.. I want to know more about your dating experience.

Unknown said...

Keep trying wine...you will get there and it grows on you! You are so lucky to be drinking wine in NZ!!! (Or not drinking it in your case!) I am jealous!