Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

As I type this my friends in the states are having BBQ's, sitting in the sun, swimming, this kids are going crazy waiting for fire works, and if you were in Redding you are enjoying the 88 degree weather (which you deserve for not getting any firework show this year!): a perfect 4th (minus, of course, my presence).

I woke up this morning at 5am to my Aunt's text....(thank you Aunt Denise I love you!), freezing (it is snowing less than an hour away) and my 4th of July celebrations are all concluded! But I did have some sort of a 4th. To start off my good friends Jared and Michelle both got me gifts (do they know me well or what?) J actually was embarrassed for me and asked this lady in the mall who was handing out flag balloons to kids if he could have one--after chasing her through the food court to catch her before she left. Then Mich, not knowing J had got me a gift bought me a super cute red bracelet and an adorable black bracelet (she said she was going to for a red white and blue theme but the black bracelet was just too cute to pass up--I agreed!) Here is a picture below....I made an apple pie (Sea Jay's amazing butterscotch apple pie that my mom had to send me butterscotch chips from the states to be able to make) and posed with my 4th of July treats....notice my ski jacket and gloves...that is just too weird to be that cold on the 4th!




Then after a meeting (which Deby decorated in Red, White and Blue and had special decorations that she bought while in Hawaii a month or so ago--THANK YOU DEB!) Mich, Jared, and my friend Emma went to a 4th of July party I knew was happening....they are good friends and went with me.

We did fireworks...here is me looking up at them...again notice the clothes we are wearing. It was SO cold and raining and windy.



But we did see fireworks...



Here is Emma, me, Mich and my other friend Alice...all in all it was a very memorable 4th of July...like one I never had before!

1 comment:

Aunt Denise said...

I guess I was in the moment too soon. But I do love you and wanted you to know!