Monday, October 13, 2008

Everyone Needs a Friend Like This...

I was racing out the door to go to my friend Danielle's before I headed to The Stirring last night. As I walked out the front door I was bombarded with a cute blonde and a sweet little girl. Raya and Ethan were SO excited to show me what they had been working on all afternoon.





It just made me smile as I drove away (after taking pictures for them) because they just have the sweetest friendship. When Eth walked in today to play with her Raya was SO surprised and you just saw the delight in her eyes that her good friend was there. She just feels known by Ethan and he makes her laugh and makes her fun time more fun and her exciting times more exciting and her exploring times more adventurous. The flowers they made up were cool, but the wonder in which they did it together is what makes me hope that everyone has a friend like that in their world.

I love people and there is nothing more than having good friends in your life. I have been running with my friend Niki in the mornings and a couple time she has apologized for having to slow down and walk (she gets really bad shin splints). I always am perplexed why she is apologizing because for me I would rather run slow or walk with a friend than run fast by myself. I was explaining that concept to Sam today and I realized that it isn't just a running/workout concept for me, but a life concept for me. I don't care as much what I do in life as who I do it with. The quality of life for me is most often determined by who is running with me through life....that is why everyone needs an Ethan in their life.

No comments: