Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Um....it got loose Dana"



That is what I heard this afternoon. What got loose you ask? A Praying Mantis!!! IN MY ROOM! Ethan and Raya were so excited when they found one in their explorations after school...



Ethan and Raya have one of the cutes and most unique friendships I have ever seen. They can be with each other all day long, they have this connection that some adults would pay to have with someone. And they have SO much fun together....well, today they had a lot of fun, but....it involved insects in my room--which is actually Raya's, but logistics...

They were so excited when they found a praying mantis, and the next thing I knew they were in our room...I went into check and in loving Dana style I said, "You have got to be kidding me? Seriously Raya I don't want it in our room."

And in typical Raya style, she says, "It will be fine...we won't let it out. Want me to put it on my side?"

The next thing I know Raya is running out of the room saying...."Um...it got loose Dana. We are getting something to catch it don't worry...."

Well, it was caught....luckily. Especially, since the last thing I heard before it was found was..."oh no it is by Dana's bed."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I am terrified (did you know this about me? I don't know if you ever got to see while they were in season... oh yes, there is a season) of praying mantii, and was SO alarmed to see a picture of one on your blog. I'm pulling a face as I write this.