Friday, October 31, 2008

A Girl That Loves A Plan & A Challenge

Amy: What are you doing after work?
Me: I am going to dinner with someone, but I told them 6. I want to try and see if I can race home from work, get a run in and be ready to go to dinner by 6.
Amy: Laughs...
Me: I know I have issues....

Yeah, I guess I need a challenge and need to be conquering things in life right now. Yesterday at work I asked my boss if he had more work for me. He looked at me a bit perplexed because I had a couple huge projects on my desk I was working on. I guess I just work better with lots of things on my plate and lots to accomplish. I need to know if I am waiting on other people to answer I have something I can be doing. I love multi tasking and don't really like being bored...can you tell?

I need to make up little challenges in my life to conquer if there is nothing big going on in my life. Which is ironic, since in this season of life right now there is A LOT going on. I have no idea what is next in my life and for a planner that is a bit of predicament. I was talking to my other friend Amy this week and said, "If it happens (something I was a little nervous about) I will be sad, but I will be okay. I will eat tons of ice cream for sure, but I will be okay." She just started laughing. And my non planner friend said with a smile in her voice, "I love that you have a plan for something that hasn't happened and you actually don't think is going to happen. You're such a planner."

This season of my life is unpredictable and full of unknowns. I am actually living more in the moment and enjoying it more than I ever have in my life. But every once in awhile the girl that loves a plan and a challenge sneaks out, wishing she had a pad of paper full of plans, lists and adventures.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

We so need a good catching up chat. It sounds like so much has happened with you in the past 2 weeks. I got your message last weekend. I literally feel like I have not stopped for two weeks, especially from the women's retreat last week to the Great Pumpkin Festival that we had at church last night. I should have some time to chat this weekend. Love you friend! Oh, by the way, I think it is so cool that you are taking a class at Carlos and Sara's place.