Thursday, October 16, 2008

Livin' The Dream

This week I have had so many of those moments where it just feels like I am livin' the dream. It is funny how sometimes the dream is huge and crazy and other times it includes moments at bagels with your friends and their kids, talking to a wonderful guy who is not just adoring and encouraging but is the friend I always wanted, your friends dropping their kids off so you can hang out with them, driving around Redding talking to your friend's 3 year old about what Super Hero he currently is pretending to be, getting texts from my favorite guy in NZ just to let me know he is thinking of me, coffee with girls that I have loved sharing life with, and just getting to stop by a friends house that lives 2 minutes away....

Sweet simple moments where life just seems the way you thought it was going to be. Who knew? The path to get here wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be. This weekend we celebrate our 10 year reunion...from college...YIKES! It is funny to think what we all thought these 10 years were going to look like. I can't say it has looked ANYTHING like I thought it was going to look like, but I can tell you this--at this point, it is exactly what I hoped life would feel like and look like...

Livin' the dream depends on what your dream was I guess....but sometimes it isn't about exactly what you are doing it is that feeling inside when a smile erupts out of nowhere when you are driving down the road listening to Faith Hill, a little munchinkin in the back that looks at you and smiles, and your heading towards bagels to see your friend....could life be any better? Well, minus having my bloke in the same hemisphere...but other than that life is good, even though I am still looking for a job, not sure what I am doing with my life, and still have all my stuff in storage...but friends, playing with the kids, Target, texts from a great guy, and bagels seem to make it possible to say....I'm Livin' The Dream

No comments: