Wednesday, April 2, 2008

At least my life is a FUNNY book...

So tonight I saw "cuteness" and thought I was playing it pretty cool since we finally are just friends these days. Feeling all in control and glad that I am normal, and cool with being just friends, I find myself smack dab in the middle of one of those situations that you only read about in books. I happened to see him with his mom, who was loaning me this book about males/females, For Women Only (which is a book I secretly mocked, but had it recommended so many times I thought would try it, especially becaues I work with so many men...though I am dying that I am getting handed this book infront of "cuteness"...but what can I do but act like I don't care?)

As she hands me the book (in front of him and some others, mind you) she says, "oh Dana the book is really graphic I hope it isn't too much for you." Mortified my 'feeling in control' was reduced to just that a feeling and not reality. I tried to play it off cool, but really just ended up saying I was trying to figure out men. Really? Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut!! So I walk away thinking...are you kidding me? Is it impossible for me to be just normal?! At least it is always a good story. His mom may just be the most LOVELY person in NZ, so the whole situation made me laugh even more at her genuine sweetness and looking out for me as I read this book. Well even though I think we might just end up friends at least I have some great stories! Maybe I should write a book one day because there is no way anyone will believe these situations really happen to me, so I might as well make some money with all these crazy moments!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe instead of a book go for a TV show ['cos you have a voice for TV ;) ] - maybe something along the lines of sinfeild like a completely random show about everything but nothing at the sametime