Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rain = Pumpkin Spice Lotion

Today I found myself wishing I had Pumpkin Spice Body Wash and Lotion from Bath and Body Works. I know it sounds weird, but it was officially "winter" this week her at the Mount. It was Redding rain and wind all day on Monday... In fact a friend asked if we could catch up for coffee. I said sure, but 10 minutes before we were supposed to go I text and said, 'how about you just come in and I make you a cup of tea?'

I am not sure when I became such a weather wimp? This isn't new to NZ, I was actually like this in LA, too. But I just don't like the rain. When I am inside curled up on the couch watching The Holiday, then the a windy rain storm is fine. (which if you have seen the Holiday here is something that might make you laugh...remember the scene when Cameron Diaz looks at the name on Jude Law's phone, only to notice it is a girls name and she says something about it? Want to guess who did that this week? You guessed right, me. Once you go there you just have to play it off cool and act like it is totally normal to look at cuteness' phone and comment on the girl's name that just popped up. I played it off cool...while secretly dying inside!) Anyway back to the winter weather in NZ.

So with the rain and wind comes something else: My Pavlovian response and need for Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice lotion from Bath and Body. All week long I wished that I had that here in NZ. It is funny how there are certain things that seem normal and a necessity in new seasons. I wondered if I would be a flipped out because April means that summer is HERE and sundresses and swim suits are on the horizon, but here Apirl means get ready for a long winter.

It is so different to be flipped up side down on the bottom of the earth. The stars are different, the temperatures are different in the months, the cars are different-well they are on the different side of the road, the accents are different and the food is different. But more than anything this week I just miss having the correspoding bath gel and body wash for the season.

Mind you, I am still sleeping really bad and not getting full nights of sleep. Which might contribute to my biggest thing I am currently missing and blogging about being Bath and Body, but a little deliriousness is good, right? And we all know the truth....after my friends, of course, I miss TARGET more than anything :)

3 comments:

Erica said...

Have you tried meletonin. I always works for me. Just make sure that you bedroom is dark or it won't work. I don't like the rain. I'm a sunshine girl.

Mother of Pearl said...

Your package is in the mail and you might find a surprise in there to make you feel better.
XXOO

Love For Glamour said...

NO TARGET??? oh man how are you surviving?? ;) HAHA.... crazy! Love ya lots!