Thursday, April 3, 2008

Look Dad, it looks like yours!


So I attempted my dad's rum cake last night for a dessert I had to go to.  He made sure to give me some specific instructions so I didn't wreck his cake :)  And after figuring out the measurements in a different place--why aren't we on the metric system in America again?  I baked and added the powder sugar just like he told me and took it to the event.
I think everyone liked...  I just love that my dad went from teaching me how to ride a bike, go hunting (which I never really got into), treat people with respect, lead with integrity and be an ethical woman who loves people, that now he is teaching me how to bake the most yummy cakes ever.  My mom was always the AMAZING baker and chef....move over mom:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was good as well so thanks Mr Evans ;) - It went down a treat (another kiwi-ism for the dictionary)

Anonymous said...

"This cake has a hole in it..." Dads are great for teaching! Luch once taught me how to fish, but then when we actually caught a fish he had no idea how to take it off the hook, so we had to get another fisherman to teach my dad how to do that!

Mother of Pearl said...

Wow Dana...that is beautiful. I could almost taste it...how many points was it and does that change in the metric system too. I would like to go to a place where a piece of cheesecake is only 3 points.