Monday, April 28, 2008

Good Morning Mount Maunganui


Have you seen the movie Hairspray? I have been recently needing some music that is chill enough that I can work on my computer, but not be too distracted. My friend Scott made me an amazing playlist before I left L.A. I can honestly say that I know less than 10% of the music, so it is fun to listen to as background music. I also started listening to my friend Chad's band, Roger Moon.  I forgot how much I LOVE Chad's music.  If you are into finding new cool music at all, you should stop by his site.  

But I have to admit that Hairspray has been one of my fav's lately.  This morning I got up early to run and heard that it was raining (and secretly was happy).  I didn't even check, I just thought of well instead I lay in bed and read.  I finally decided I would just get up so I could get a quick work out in and it didn't kind of sound like there was no more rain.  

I grabbed my iPod and thought....what should I listen to today.  For those of you though know me well, know I am not always really inspired by music.  (I know, it is bad, I am sorry to all my musician friends).  So when I say I like something, it had to really inspire me or make me laugh.  Currently it is the silly sound track, Hairspray.  The songs have a fun beat to listen to while you work, but also for a good, quick jog.  But the best part is the actrual lyrics of the songs...they are hilarious.  I found myself laughing the whole time I was running.  Which is always the goal for me:  fun and laughter, especially while working out.   

This is where I really think I might be crazy...as I heard the first song  "Good Morning Baltimore"  I started laughing picturing me like the girl in the movie...I think sometimes I really believe there are movie cameras following me and not only that capturing the script in my head.  I giggled all the way to the beach and then enjoyed laughing as I ran and headed back home so glad I went running.  And so glad that I listened to Hairspray this morning---and secretly pretended that my sound track to my life today was "Good Morning Mount Maunganui."

My roommate in LA always asked this question and it always ended up making us laugh so hard: What is the sound track in your head for that moment?  

So today what is the song for the soundtrack in your head?

P.S. If you haven't seen the movie, seriously rent it you will laugh and not be disappointed!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I might go for a run and listen to this soundtrack!

trisha loves to paint said...

such a great feel good movie!