Monday, May 26, 2008

Back in WW!!

Well...I finally decided to actually go back to Weight Watcher--and GO TO THE MEETINGS, a couple of weeks ago. I forgot how much I LOVE this culture. I walked in the door and felt at ease!! I really loved working at Weight Watchers and just being a part of the environment. It was the highlight of my week in LA. I was very lucky and worked with one of the BEST leaders at WW--Lori is one of my close friends now that always has an encouraging word for me and ALWAYS made me laugh on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings--which, by the way our Saturday mornings started at 6:45AM!! And on Saturdays I got to work with Darryl, who was the most energetic leader I know! He was amazing at inspiring everyone who walked through the doors.

Each day I worked there I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I felt like over and over I was doing what I was made to do. It might not have been my dream job, but when you are using your talents and abilities you can't help but to feel satisfied and fulfilled. Each week I had the chance to smile at people, trying to make them feel at ease when they walked into a very vulnerable situation, I got to encourage them, track their success, and do it all really really fast! It was the perfect job!!!

I forgot just how much I loved it until I walked in the door a few weeks ago. I just felt at ease and at home! And now I am helping them each week (just volunteering) while I am here in NZ. Today I got to weigh people in and I was so happy. I left with so much energy--even after getting home from the Ball at 2am Saturday night and up at 7 on Sunday morning, then going to bed after 1 last night and up at 7 again....I wasn't tired at all! It was like I took an energy drug, but really I just did something that helped me serve other people and it gave me SO much life!

Today was a breakfast for Breast Cancer Awareness month (hence why they are all in pink...I forgot to wear pink--GUTTED--I LOVE PINK!) These are the awesome ladies I work with on Monday mornings!



2 comments:

Kerri said...

Look at how long your hair has gotten. You look so great! It sounds like your NZ experience continues to get better and better all the time.

Dana said...

hey Dana
your blog is so amaizing
can you please tell me how to add blogs that you love.
Love you
Georgia