Thursday, May 22, 2008

I LOVE KIVA

A few months ago I blogged about Kiva.org. I just found out that one of my two people that I loaned money too was able to pay back their loan in full, and has an up and running business where the profits are all going to him and his family.

What an incredible feeling they must have to have worked hard, paid back their loan, and now get to take their businesses to new levels. It was so fun, so easy, and took no time and not much money to help change someones legacy they can now leave their family. The coolest part is that once your loan is paid back you have the money you originally loaned back in your account. You can withdraw it or you can re loan to someone else. It is SO fun and kind of addicting....just to warn you!

If you haven't checked it out yet, give it a try. I also added their blog to my "blogs I love" list.

How cool would it be if you and your family or your group of friends decided to focus on one country and loan money together through Kiva, and saw people's lives change forever by your couple of dollars. What could happen???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana...

I love Kiva too. I thought you'd want to check out KivaB4B, (KivaB4B.com); it's a partnership between Kiva and Advanta Bank and is essentially a matching program for Kiva grants. We also blog about it at b4bcommunity.org

Take care

Shannon said...

I am gonna do it!!!!!