Thursday, May 1, 2008

Netball--NO . Cops and Robbers--YES!!

So, netball was a no-go.  We all got there ready to school the other team (well...maybe they could do that and I could cheer them on), but when we got to the Sports Center we wondered why there were no other teams there.  Apparently we had the wrong venue!  And the place we were supposed to be at was on the other side of town.  Seeing it was 5:20 when we realized that, and our game was at 5:30 we decided to forfeit.  GUTTED!  I spent all afternoon being nervous for no reason...

But we of course to pictures to document our team!




(Notice I am not quite sure what I am doing...)


Luckily there was a game of Cops and Robbers scheduled for that night, so I wasn't too disappointed because I still had something fun to look forward too.  I haven't played cops and robbers for years.  The premise of the game:  there are tons of "robbers" dropped in one point of the town and they are all trying to get to particular checkpoints, and end up at the designated destination.  At the same time there are "cops" that are chasing the "robbers" around town.  The object: DON'T GET CAUGHT.  Here is a pre Cops and Robbers pictures with my friends, Mark, Aaron, Michelle and Jared.  Aaron is Jared and Mark's cousin from Canada.  It was his last night in NZ and we decided to play Cops and Robbers for his farewell.  I am going to miss Aaron because we fondly referred to each other as Team North America--so now I am the lone member of Team North America.



Jared and I were the last one on our team left.  We ran, hid in bushes, ran some more, darted across streets, ran some more...never getting caught.  Though we didn't win because they called the game at 10:30 and we weren't quite home yet (so close, but not home...only 3 blocks away).  I was pretty proud that I kept up with Jared and that I didn't get caught.  


So though, netball didn't happen--I was okay since I didn't ever get caught at cops and robbers!


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Are you sure you didn't go to the wrong place on purpose so you couldn't play? HAHAHAHA! I would have rather Cops and Robbers too!

Shannon said...

Dana....You look fierce!

Michelle said...

i love our cops and robbers photo - good times, good times...