Sunday, September 14, 2008

Best Day EVER = Friends, Chipotle, Pedicures, & Target

There are so many little things in life that make me smile: chocolate, walks on the beach, cafe's across from the Mount, the color pink... Today was FULL of the little moments in life that add up to be breathless because of who you are with and the memories that are made. I went to church this morning and LOVED seeing old friends and catching up. Then I went out for lunch with Scott and Amy and Moni and Cindy at CHIPOTLE!!!! Man I missed that placed! (are you jealous Glen?) It was a warm beautiful day and we sat outside and I ate yummy food (yay for black beans...not going to lie, it was good to eat those again!). We laughed and caught up and then I actually met a guy from New Zealand that just moved to LA (one of Glen's friends that is attending UCLA for the semester). It was fun to talk about NZ and laugh a little about the difference of different cultures ie how loud Americans are. I have found myself feeling like I am SO loud after being quiet (or semi quiet compared to Kiwi's) for the last nine months.



(Me and Zane...Isn't he SOOO cute?!)


After that we took off to do what any self respecting girl would do: went and got pedicures! Though, like always with me there was a little drama and excitement around this experience. We tried to go to three different places, ended up in the middle of a car show--which made me laugh so we had to take pictures. But like the girls that we were we didn't take pictures with all the cool cars in front of us, we took pictures in front of the nail place that was closed.




So I redeemed our "girliness" and made us take a picture in front of the cars.



We finally made it to a pedicure place and got to relax in the massage chairs and girl talk all afternoon!





After that I got to the one thing that I consistently missed the whole 9 months in NZ: GO TO TARGET!!! I was in glorious heaven!!! I got a Diet Coke and wandered around with my friend Cindy loving my life. I actually felt sad a couple times for my friends in NZ who don't have Target. I was standing in the belt section and seriously thought: "there are more belts here than in all the stores down the mount combined!" Then I went to all the other sections so wishing that Mich was with me...I am sure her bank account was glad that Target is 6000 miles away!

And now I am sitting with friends as they do one of my most favorite things: watch a TV show together on Sunday nights. I haven't been watching the series they are watching so I am "with" them while chatting with all of you!

My emotions are still mixed and I can't believe I am not in NZ and not going to be able to pop around to see my friends...sitting in the traffic here definitely makes that feel more real :) But I miss NZ and friends a lot and at times am not sure what to do with all my emotion, but I will continue to process, and for now I will enjoy the moment and not need a plan....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahoo, target!! you must have been in shopping heaven :) glad to hear you're back safe and are having a great time!! keep the blogs coming!! ing xx

Dana said...

Oh my gosh youre toes all look soooo good.Imagine having more belts to choose from than 5! Make sure you keep the blogs rolling XX Sally & Georgia

Unknown said...

Fun! Good to see you're having a good time - even if it is a little...girly.
Missed meeting with you, insanely jealous about chipotle.