Friday, September 19, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game


Oh how I LOVE going to the ball park and seeing a good ol' American baseball game. The fun of the stadium just seeps into your soul! One of my most favorite parts...well, I am not going to lie, hearing the national anthem. We really do have a great national anthem...I missed hearing it in NZ because they never showed the medal ceremonies during the olympics when we were winning golds. Really...with Michael Phelps alone they had 8 chances to show it. :) Our national anthem makes me not only want to go out and change the world, but it makes me feel like I can!! And what is more American than a Baseball Game?

Tonight was such a treat. Summer just isn't summer without going to a ball game. And seeing I was in winter all through American summer I didn't think I would be able to see a ball game. But my wonderful friend Lori and her husband took me to the Dodger/Giants game tonight. We took the train into the city and then caught a "Dodger Bus" into the stadium. It was awesome to not have to fight parking and traffic! We spent tons of time chatting and catching up on the train/bus. And when we got to the park I was reminded how much I love going to Baseball Games! There are moments I just love LA...this was one of them. I was in Disneyland all day yesterday and then at a Dodger Game tonight. I don't often get woo'd by the city but this week I have moments of remembering just how much cool stuff there is down here. Don't get me wrong, catch me in traffic and you will hear me singing a different tune...

Speaking of singing--the best part of the night is always the 7th inning stretch! I love singing that classic song..."Take Me Out To The Ball Game" It makes you feel like a kid again, it makes you remember how great life is, it makes you smile and think back to summers and hoping you get crackerjacks and that your surprise inside is a good one. It is honestly my favorite part of the ball game experience. You NEVER leave before 7th inning stretch. When the game stinks you can leave only after the song...it is like baseball unspoken code.

Tonight was one of those...let's leave after the song games. It was definitely no Warrior Win like they had last night in New Zealand!!!! Go THE WARRIORS!!! The Dodgers are doing incredible this season, but tonight you would not have known it. Now I secretly LOVE the Giants because I grew up watching the Giants and if I went to a game we went to Candlestick Park (now I don't even know what the stadium is called it has switched so many time...) But I have lived in LA for 4 years and for almost 3 of those years I lived right by Dodger Stadium, so now I am torn a bit. Really at the end of the day, though, I just love going to the park with friends, eating Dodger peanuts, drinking a Diet Coke and talking and laughing the night away. There are so many fun things to see and do in the Stadium....one of my favorites is "Kiss Cam" They scan the fans and on the big screen it says "Kiss Cam" and when the camera is on you and you notice you kiss the person next to you. It is always fun to watch, but tonight during the "Kiss Cam" part a guy proposed to his girlfriend. She looked super surprised and stoked az...It made me smile and so happy for them. I am sucker for a good girl movie ending...

I am so thankful for my friend Lori and so glad that she thinks of me when she has GREAT tickets!!!

Go DODGERS!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You are from Turlock....We say Go Giants up here :-)