Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happiest Place on Earth

Aaahhh Disneyland...the land of make believe, wonder and smiles. Audrey, Zane, Amy and I set out this morning for our Day O' FUN at The Happiest Place On Earth. Audrey looks at me and says we are going to hang out because we are Girly Girls and Mom can take Zane on his rides, and so begins our day....



On the way there I had one of those "only in LA" experiences that made me laugh out loud. As we drove down the 5, I was chatting to my good friend Danielle and I look over and saw this:



There were about 8 policeman just wandering around the other side of the freeway while a HUGE amount of cars sat there patiently waiting...well I guess they really didn't have a choice. It was the most bizarre sight I had seen in awhile for sure!

I digress, back to our Day O' Fun. We headed into the park and had to take the "obligatory picture" that everyone takes to start off our Disneyland experience.



Then we were off! The first comment from Zane was, "Hey Dana, did you know that I can make my hands fart?" And then he showed me so I knew he really could. Gotta love the little bloke! What a day we had in sotThe first thing Amy did was took Zane to do Space Mountain and some rides that Auds had no intention of going on. And what did we do? What any self respecting Girly Girls would do...went to the Princess Castle! We walked around and looked at all the girly things, then chose to go on the Merry Go Round and Dumbo...here is Auds on the Merry Go Round and us on Dumbo.





After that it was time for some serious energy, so we stopped for food and filled our tummies with yummy (all be it expensive) Disney food. Then we did what all Good Americans do....took lots and lots of pictures of ourselves making us laugh forever!













Then Amy said one name and I instantly smiled with a slight tinge of embarassment at my quick smile...and she caught it on camera



It was a beautiful So. Cal. day and I was SO glad to be in LA (I know can you believe I said that?!) and to be with the Reyonlds enjoying one of my most favorite places on earth! Amy left us a little early because she had to get to an Emmy party that Scott was invited to as one of the writers on Dexter...only in LA do you do Disneyland durning the day and head out to an Emmy party that night...Gotta love LA! On the way home I was reminded how beautiful Southern Cal is...the sun was setting behind these gorgeous palm trees and I was enjoying a quiet moment of wonder at how much I have in my life. Then 5 minutes later my mood changed...as I sat in traffic. Though I have to admit that there was really NO traffic at all, I hit 20 mins at the end on the 710. What a wimp I have become...

As we approached South Pasadena we did what any good So Cal family would do--stopped at In n Out and came home, did homework, and went to bed...what a great LA Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a super fun day!! ing xx

Anonymous said...

You look so summery! I'm so jealous! Right now it is all cloud and wind and the occaisional rain shower, no sun or heat in sight!

Also, I'm sure that you will readjust in no time at all, and, in true Dana style, find a job somewhere where you will be so incredible and dynamic and life changing, the people you encounter will never be the same.

Much love, Keri

Kerri said...

I love the happiest place on earth...what a fun day!