Friday, September 12, 2008

What You Can Accomplish in 9 Months

10. A Baby
9. A School Year
8. A TV show (I am making my transition back to LA and the industry :)
7. A certificate in just about any trade you can find on the internet
6. An experience that you chalk up for the most LIFE Changing you have ever had
5. A training for a marathon---though I don't think I will verify this one :)
4. An encounter of finding friends that will forever change who you are--and your status (a sister....)
3. An understanding in the deepest part of your being that God is a good and a kind God
2. An switch from knowing that God loves people to knowing that He loves me and invites me into freedom and love
1. Relationships that turn your world upside down, but somehow when you land you have a better view....

I leave for the airport in 10 minutes with my great friends Mich and J and Sally and Andy and Georgia and Mac--we will pick up Ali in Auckland and then spend the day together. I said a VERY hard good bye last night and barely connected with the fact that I am really leaving and then this morning had to say good bye to Uncle Neville. I immediately started crying. One night I pictured the airport scene and fully lost it. My poor friend Sam who I was hanging out with finally had to take me over to Sally and Andy's to calm me down. I stopped picturing that scene the rest of the week...but in a few hours I will live it. I will wave good bye, walk through security and sit in a chair at the gate with tears filling my eyes. I will get on the plane and say good bye to New Zealand for awhile. As I sit in my seat I will wonder, "what the heck just happened?" I don't know if I will be able to put it into words, but the tears will come, the peace will rest there and then I will fall asleep. I will land at LAX and see the Reynolds, cry a little, cuddle my kids, and then go to Mexican food!!! Then I will sit on the Reynolds couch with Scott's popcorn I have missed terribly and I will talk to Amy and cry and the world will all be well....

After that I will love seeing all my LA friends, laughing, trying to explain this experience, showing them all the cool stuff I brought back. I will head to my parents and see my family and show my mom every picture I took because she loves that...then I will head to Redding, stop and cuddle my Jacob and Micah, cry with Kerri, laugh with Kerri and then keep going to Redding. I will sit on Sea Jay's couch, cuddle the kids, Amy and Danielle will come over, I will cuddle their kids, give them their yummy presents! And then all will be quiet and on Sea Jay's couch I will process all that just happened--then I will go to Raya's 5 year old room and LOVE my life....

There is no way to put into words this experience...it was just TOO wonderful.

No comments: