Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Transition Number 784

My life feels like one transtion after another these days. I was so sad to say good by to Scott and Amy and the kids today. Though when I told Audrey she had to say good bye to me before she left for school because I would not be there when she got home, she looked at me and said, "oh I am not saying good bye to you." And turned back to playing dollies. And she didn't either...me and Audz both love control and to live in denial...it's why we connect, what can I say?

Today I flew the short flight up to Modesto to my families house. What an ordeal to check my luggage...now granted I had 9 months in three suitcases that were a bit over the legal limits. My friend Chad took me to breakfast and then took me to LAX, making sure I was all sorted before he left the airport. I forget how funny LAX is sometimes. As we waited in line, a man was yelling at the United worker, while she yelled back that she was going to call the cops...AHHH gotta love LA.

I didn't realize until today that you now have to pay for your bags to be checked in...whether they are over the weight limit or not. Yikes when did that happen?! So annoying! I not only had to pay for an extra bag...one of my bags weighed not the legal 50lbs but 67...she looked at me and said you have to get rid of 17lbs...I repsonded with--not gonna happen I will have to pay. Holy Heck it is expensive if you are over the legal weight limit. I finally got them all checked, said good bye to my friend and did the LAX/United trick and headed past the grouch people in the security line in terminal 7 and smiled as I headed down to terminal 6. I was feeling pretty good about myself as I stood in the shorter line, with much happier freindly United people. (Terminal 6 is for business, premire and first class travelers...sometimes money does help) Until, I heard this guy come up to this girl in front of me and say, "where you nominated for an Emmy?" Really? Is he really saying this right now? He was...she said, "No but I was at the Emmy's." His response...."come with me and we will by pass this line."

What the heck is what I was thinking but before I could fully think that thought, this guy in front of her says, "I was actually nominated for an Emmy." The guy just looked at him and said sorry and moved on....he wasn't blonde or cute...just an averge guy eating a chocolate bar. I had to laugh at this last LA moment as I traveled to another world--Nor Cal :)

My mom and my Aunt picked me up and we headed to Outback for dinner with Jim....my dad was out of town :( He is on some Bloke week hunting trip. When I talked to him tonight he kept saying, "I am like a real cowboy Dana..." He is with his two best hunting buddies that I grew up with. It is so fun to see their friendship that has been there for years...It is my model for friendship for sure. Maybe I won't be doing Cowboy Weekends with my best friends, but Spa Weekends...YES for sure!

The transition in my life will continue for quite some time, but if nothing else it will make for some great blogs...drama and transition--that is a recipe for good blogging!

No comments: