Saturday, September 27, 2008

Memories

It is funny that sometimes one spot can be a memory of hundreds of memories. I met with Kimberly and Holly today at Manhattan Bagel. This was not only my "office" when I worked in Redding, but it was the spot where I saw transformation take place over and over. I really can't look at a bagel (everything, with reduced fat cream cheese) and a diet coke in the same way. I sat for 100's of hours with different girls, friends, and mentors. I saw tears, laughter, growth, breakthrough, and victory over the years at Manhattan.

How incredible to sit with two girls that have become women and friends over the last few years. As I sat across the table from them today telling them the BEST story ever of my movie like life, I was overwhelmed with just how much of my life I have shared with these girls and all the others that I have had the privilege to listen to and love. I was reminded today that when you stand with someone and walk next to them in life, no matter what age, you give a piece of your heart away. But the beauty of that is, yeah at times you get hurt, but you also make life long friends. It made me think of all the times that I spent there and getting to see some of the lives that have been changed sitting at those tables in Manhattan is such a privilege. This weekend I saw Niki, one of the girls that I have had the chance to walk next and with over the years. She is a GORGEOUS woman, who I have seen conqueror really huge things in her life and come through victoriously.

Memories are such a powerful thing and I love that a simple Bagel Place can hold emotions, memories, tears, laughter and HOPE...

(Me and Kimberly at Manhattan)


(Me and Hols)

No comments: